Immigration Information

For information about issues related to your immigration status as an international student, click on the below links to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website:

Applying for your Initial Study Permit
Study Permit Renewal
Work Off Campus
Coop Work Permit
Post Graduate Work Permit
Entry Visa (TRV) application from inside of Canada
Destitute Student Work Permit
Spousal Work Permit
Inviting People to Visit you in Canada
Replacing an immigration document
Requesting an amendment to an immigration document

When applying for Canadian immigration documents, you may need letters from the institution to confirm your admission, enrollment or completion of your program. The School of Graduate Studies is responsible for such letters for graduate students. And the Registrar's Office is responsible for such letters for undergraduate student. It is important to note that while you can access many letters from your Memorial Self-Service, letters for immigration purposes often require additional information.

• For instruction on requesting enrollment letters for graduate students, click here.
• For instructions on requesting enrollment letters for undergraduate students, click here.


Internationalization Office

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000