Memorial's agreements with its partner universities often allow you to participate in a research experience abroad under the terms of the exchange agreement.
This opportunity is available to both undergraduate and graduate students. To participate in a research-abroad experience:
- Speak with your supervisor or academic program manager in your Faculty, School or department about the possibility.
- Ensure that the research-abroad experience will not adversely impact your academic plan.
- View our list of agreements and decide upon a location in which you will conduct your research. Visit the partner school's website to explore potential professors with whom you would like to work. For assistance, please connect with email@example.com.
- Complete the outbound application for exchange and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved we will nominate you to participate in a research-abroad opportunity.
- Prior to departure, review the predeparture information for exchange students and book your pre-departure consultation.
The costs associated with your learning abroad experience will be your responsibility. We have prepared a sample of costs for learning abroad.
For research placements to Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico, there may be funding available through the Calero-Mitacs Research Partnership.