Once you have been officially nominated through the International Office of your home university, you must follow these steps to participate in an exchange at Memorial University of Newfoundland's St. John's Campus. (If you are applying to the Faculty of Business, or Grenfell Campus, please contact the respective coordinator). If you are
For issues with the application or parts thereof, please contact Chris Hibbs (email@example.com):
|APPLICATIONS (COMPLETED BY PROSPECTIVE EXCHANGE STUDENT)|
|1||Online||Complete the Application for Admission to Memorial University of Newfoundland. || |
- You will need an "Exchange code" in order to complete the application as an exchange student. This is supplied by the International Programs Coordinator at Memorial University when you are nominated for exchange.
- If you are applying as a fees-paying visiting student, you will select "visitor" on the application.
- On the application follow these steps:
- Under "Category of Admission" select the bullet indicating that you have attended post-secondary, but not Memorial University.
- Under this category, you will see an "Exchange" option to select.
- Enter your exchange code
- Your "coordinating office," for the purposes of this application is "other St. John's Campus."
- This is what that portion of the application should look like.
- Approved students for exchange at Memorial will have the application fee waived.
|2||Online||Complete your housing application for on-campus housing|| |
- On-campus housing is not guaranteed.
- There is a fee for applying for on-campus housing.
- Clarify on the application that you are coming for exchange and for how many semesters.
- "Paton College Residences" (double room dormintory) is the on-campus facility most likely to have space available. You must purchase a meal plan if you stay in Paton College.
- Burton's Pond Apartments (four individual rooms; shared kitchen, living room, bathroom) also have some availability. Meal plan is optional.
- Off-campus housing is available. Staff is available to assist with your search for off-campus options.
|3||Online||Apply to become a "mentee" with our MUN Mentors Program|| |
- This program pairs you with a current Memorial University student to ask questions about campus life, seek access to resources, and have conversations about life in St. John's.
- This is an optional but recommended program.
- The online application is currently being update. You will be notified when the link is live.
|4 ||PDF||Permission Release Form|| |
- This will allow the International Programs Coordinator at Memorial University to act on your behalf to assist with course registration, request transcripts, and field inquiries about your application status.
|5||PDF||Course Selection Form|| |
|ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION (SENT VIA EXCHANGE / MOBILITY COORDINATOR)|
|5 || ||A copy of your most recent transcripts|| |
- This will be necessary for course selection and registration and pre-requisite determination
|6 || ||English proficiency documentation|| |
- Full list of acceptable measures are available in the University Calendar
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|7 || PDF||Letter of Nomination from Home University|| || |