Welcome (Back) International Students
We are delighted that you have chosen Memorial University to further your education. It is our hope that we can welcome you virtually (and in-person if the necessary conditions are met) during the 2020-2021 academic year to help support your studies.
Before you proceed, it will be helpful for you to assess whether it will be likely that you can enter Canada. The Government of Canada has released a new self-assessment tool to give you guidance on whether or not you can travel to Canada.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, so too do the processes for returning to Canada. Below, find some of the latest updates. As a result of these announcements, or forms, processes, and required documentation have been updated accordingly.
- [April 20th, 2021]: Update on On-Campus Self-Isolation Spring 2021
- [March 12th, 2021]: Update on COVID-19 Federal Testing Requirements
- [February 13th, 2021]: Important travel information for international students.
- Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required for Flights Into Canada
- Winter 2021 Semester and Travel to Canada
- Notice for Students travelling from NS, NB and PEI
- November, 2020 - ArriveCAN Application Usage Mandatory
If you have read through and understand the latest information about returning to Canada and you still wish to do so, please select the appropriate student category that best describes you:
A new student is defined as someone who has never resided in the province for the purpose of studies i.e. St. John's or Corner Brook (Grenfell Campus).
A returning student is defined as someone who previously resided in the province for the purpose of studies i.e. St. John's or Corner Brook (Grenfell Campus).