Submission Instructions: Grants, Contracts and Agreements
Submission procedures for most individual opportunities are outlined on the relevant entry in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FHSS) Research Funding Tracker (RFT).
For most internal AND external competitions (exceptions to these procedures are outlined in each opportunity's entry in the RFT), the submission process is outlined below. If you are not sure, you may check with HSSResearchAdmin@mun.ca.
For external grant competitions, postdoctoral fellowships, contracts, and agreements, you must press "submit" within the Researcher Portal by noon at least 10 business days prior to external deadlines.
For applicable Memorial internal grant competitions, you must press "submit" within the Researcher Portal by noon at least five business days prior to internal university competition deadlines. Check the Research Funding Tracker for the opportunity's submission details.
These are the steps researchers must follow:
1) If relevant, secure documentation for all cash and/or in-kind contributions that the department/faculty/other university units/external parties are committing. You MUST have written documentation for each commitment in the form of a letter, email, etc. (see the document “FAQ on obtaining cash and in-kind commitments from Memorial”).
2) Complete the relevant grant or other application. If you are starting a contract, begin at step 3.
3) Create a new researcher portal application (please note that if you do not have a RP account, you must create one first by requesting one here) and be sure to search for and add the following people as "Team Members:" 1) Workflow Coordinator, 2) Heather C. O'Brien, 3) Kelley Bromley-Brits, and 4) if deemed necessary by your department, your departmental administrative assistant. You can add team members within your application's "Project Team Info" tab.
4) Upload all documentation to the "Attachments" tab including a copy of the application/proposal, supporting documents for cash and in-kind commitments, letters of support, etc.
5) When you have filled in all of the tabs within the application, press "Submit." This will send the application to your department head for approval, then it will go to the associate dean (research) for administrative review, and finally it will go to research grant and contract services (some exceptions apply). Be aware of HSS internal deadlines - you must press "submit" by these dates and times.
Please note: All co-applicants/co-investigators from Memorial who are on an external institution's application must also create a new researcher portal application for that grant. If you have questions about this process, please refer to the training manuals or submit a help ticket.