Welcome Event 2019
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Memorial University and more importantly to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences! Getting started can be a daunting process but everywhere on campus there are many wonderful people and resources to help you transition from high school, work or another institution to Memorial. Our goal on Tuesday, September 3rd is to provide you with the necessary information to help you build success as a student.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Welcome Event has been designed to provide you with the essential information to get you started on the right track. You will have the opportunity to meet with other humanities and social sciences students, learn more about areas of study within the faculty, major, diploma and certificate programs, student services, and go abroad opportunities.
The Welcome Event will give you the opportunity to:
- Meet other Humanities and Social Sciences students
- Learn more about the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences major and minor programs, as well as diploma and certificate programs
- Browse our Departmental Fair and get a chance to explore the social and academic atmosphere of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Meet professors and staff
- Gain a better understanding of your program’s academic expectations
Join us for refreshments and an exciting information session!
Date: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Time: 12:30 p.m.– 3:30 p.m.
Location: D.F. Cook Recital Hall and Bruneau Center Atrium
To register please visit:
Welcome Event Program
|Date / Time||Activity||Location|
|12:30-1:45||Academic Matriculation Ceremony||D.F. Cook Recital Hall, School of Music|
|2:00-3:30||Information Session and Departmental Booth Fair||Bruneau Centre Lecture Theater IIC 2001 and Atrium|