Things to consider

As an HKR student, here’s what you need to know about exchange programs:

  • It works best for kinesiology students in the summer semester academic term 5 or 6 (regular or co-op)
  • You are required to pay tuition fees at Memorial
  • Students are responsible for travel, accommodations and all other expenses while on exchange
  • This option is not available for students who are on work term
  • Students typically take some distance Memorial courses while on exchange
  • It is possible that a student’s graduation may be delayed depending upon course availability
  • Courses taken at the partner university are awarded as transfer credit to Memorial. Grades will not, however, be available to be used for GPA calculations if applying for physiotherapy, occupational therapy, etc.
  • Applications for exchange should be submitted two terms before anticipated travel. For example, November 1 for May travel.


School of Human Kinetics and Recreation

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000