1 - 3 London Road
Auckland International Limited. Auckland, founded in 1984, sources obsolete and hard-to-find electronic components. It is the current occupant of a building with an early 18th century facade on an older frame. The building faces London Road but is structurally part of a range of buildings that faces High Street. The house had extensive grounds, including an orchard. From 1910 to 1923 it was Cattell's chemist's shop. It was then occupied by a series of banks: the Provincial, then the National Provincial and Union Bank of England. The bank closed in 1965 and the vacant building was then set on fire twice by arsonists before it was bought by Robert Mead Insurance Brokers in 1974 and occupied by his firm until August 2016.
Domino's Pizza - Harlow's first Post Office
Opened in 1823, was located at 7-9 High Street. It then moved to number 1 High Street (Gothic House) in 1909 before relocating to this building in the 1920s. . By 2003 it had been downsized to a small office at the rear of this building, with the rest of the space occupied by an AllDays convenience store. In 2010 the post office relocated to the back of the Cooperative Store in High Street, and this building remained vacant for several years until it was taken over by Domino’s. Immediately south of the old Post Office, in Watford Close, is the original Telephone Exchange, which has been converted to a private residence. Carlton Place. A new building, located in the former garden of 1-3 London Road, containing 12 'luxury' 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom flats. The flats are on the market in the spring of 2019 for $399,995.
Fawbert and Barnard's School
Built in 1836 on the basis of a bequest from George Fawbert of Waltham Cross. The executor of his will was John Barnard, a Harlow maltster.
2 London Road
D 'n G Barbers. The Old Bank House was built ca. 1875. It may originally have been a branch of Sparrow, Rufnell and Co. of Bishop's Stortford, which was absorbed into Barclay's Bank in 1896. Prior to becoming a barber shop it was occupied by Charles Varney's Betting Office, Harlow's first travel agency, prior to its relocation to the Town Centre. It was then taken over by Joe Jennings Bookmaker, before the relocation of this business to High Street, and then by an estate agent.