All Campus signage is designed, manufactured, installed and maintained by Facilities Management with the only exception for large construction projects or new buildings (where signage is part of the contract).
Design is based on signage standards or existing practice, code requirements and it is closely coordinated with the Division of Marketing and Communication (MarComm) to maintain University brand standards.
Requesting departments are required to provide funding for any special or additional signage. Any alterations to academic/research or administrative space should include a designated portion of the budget for replacement or addition of the signage.
- Estimates are available. Contact the Work Control Centre by calling: 864-7600 or through campus e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To order :
- SMA (Service Material Authorization) form with appropriate authorization and account number listed, needs to be mailed to Work Control or e-mail to: email@example.com listing in detail type of signs, content, quantity, etc. Please check the requirements for each type (see below) or contact Work Control Centre.
- Work Order (for non-chargeable signage only) - request by calling: 864-7600; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to create Work Order to Sign Shop.
- Note: Non-chargeable signage includes:
- damaged/deteriorating way-finding signage or emergency maps;
- changes to occupants names or room type (cardboard/paper inserts);
The Sign Shop reports to the Manager of Space Planning & Administration.
The below listing represents the main type of signs produced by Sign Shop. Please click on links for more detail information and pricing.
- Interior signage (under design, not all information is available):
- Room identification signage;
- Name tags and nameplates;
- Directional signage (including MUNnel system);
- Special events and display signage;
- Interior Commemorative, Donor Recognition and Distinguish TitlePlaques (pending on design);
- Emergency evacuation maps;
- Safety regulations signage for research and teaching areas;
- Building code signage required for mechanical or electrical systems;
- Emergency notices;
- Vehicle markings;
- Construction-related signage or other;
- Street and traffic signs;
- Parking areas designation and any related signage;
- Campus and building identification;
- Exterior directional signage, campus maps and other;