Information for Contractors
Prior to tender/project award, all Suppliers/Contractors and Subcontractors will be required to submit the following information to the Department of Health and Safety:
Pre-Project Award Safety Checklist
- “Certificate of Recognition” (COR)-Letter of Good Standing from Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Safety Association (NLCSA) c/w COR expiry date.
- Written Permission to approach Provincial regulatory authorities for applicable safety-related information for Contractor and Subcontractor.
- Job Specific “Safety Management Plan” (SMP).
- Proof of qualifications for all employees and Subcontractors’ employees.
- Relevant safety certificates and documentation for Contractor and Subcontractor.
- Construction safety statistics involving Contractor and Subcontractor for the past five (5) years.
- List of Subcontractors.
After tender/contract award and prior to any start of work on campus, all Suppliers/Contractors and Subcontractors will have to attend a Preconstruction/Safety meeting which will be coordinated through Facilities Engineering & Development. The purpose of this meeting is to initiate the construction start-up and review the project requirements, limitations, and contract issues.
Emergency Contact Numbers
In the event of a fire, accident, hazardous spill/gas leak, or illness requiring medical attention, call Campus Enforcement & Patrol.
Campus Enforcement & Patrol Emergency Line: 864-4100