Facilities Operation and Maintenance
Work Control Centre
- General dispatch and customer services for Facilities Operations and Maintenance.
- Planning, categorization and assignment of work requests.
- Work planning and estimation.
- Development, operation and control of all Maintenance information systems.
- Analysis and reporting of facilities work performance.
- Development of policies and procedures covering preventive maintenance programs and schedules.
Energy Systems and Control
- Operates and maintains campus wide facility controls network providing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, domestic hot water and lighting.
- Manages energy consumption and costs for university facilities and equipment.
- Administers external contracts for university-wide electrical, mechanical and controls services.
- Maintains electrical systems and equipment including all primary distribution from the sub-station.
- Maintains University fire alarm systems.
- Maintains emergency power systems.
- Maintains refrigeration/chiller equipment.
- Provides card access maintenance.
- Maintenance of all primary plumbing systems.
- Provides master clock system maintenance.
- Maintains elevators and lifts
- Provides swimming pool treatment and maintenance.
- Provides primary plumbing system maintenance.
- Provides maintenance for the various mechanical systems and equipment, in general, throughout campus.
- Also provides various services to others, such as the Health Sciences Centre, in addition to the University.
- Distribution of thermal heat to University buildings.
- Operation of campus heating plants.
- Emergency power distribution.
- Provide mechanical, ventilation, air conditioning, and minor electrical maintenance during off hours and weekends.
- Administer the external contract for Chillers and Emergency Diesel Generators.