How Do You Determine Who Pays?

Long Pond

Most University Departments:

With respect to services provided by Facilities Management, there is a landlord/tenant relationship between Facilities Management and most departments at the University. As landlord, Facilities Management is responsible for and covers the cost of the provision and maintenance of an appropriate environment and basic building services. As tenants, departments are responsible for funding discretionary work such as modifications and aesthetic upgrades. Open areas such as lobbies, corridors and general classroom space are maintained at the expense of Facilities Management.

Special cost sharing arrangements are in affect with some University departments. If you have any questions regarding the status of your department with regard to cost sharing, please contact the Work Control Centre at864-7600 or by email at


Facilities Management

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000