2020 Virtual Programs
Registration now closed
Memorial Engineering Outreach is excited to announce some new programming for the summer of 2020. In the absence of our on-campus, in-person programs, we are introducing three new initiatives that incorporate online/virtually led components along with independent learning opportunities. And, there is no registration fee!
Program 1: Making STEMories
Let's keep learning together and have fun at the same time! This program is for families who are interested in having a weekly STEM activity or challenge emailed to them so they can solve it together.
- Starting Monday, July 6 and running to the week of August 24, registered families will receive a weekly challenge, activity or experiment to complete together.
- Families are encouraged to share their results and success with us throughout the summer.
- Families will be responsible for their own materials. We will aim to keep it simple.
- Some activities will be accompanied by a short video developed by our team.
Register here: https://event-wizard.com/events/STEMories2020/
Program 2: Remote Girl Quest
This week-long program welcomes girls going into grades 4-7 for a total of 6-10 hours during the week. Topics include digital literacy/coding, design challenges, environmental responsibility, energy, innovation and more! Four sessions are planned: July 13-17, July 20-24, August 17-21 and August 24-28. Some sessions are filling quickly, click below to register for your preferred week.
The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science would like to thank the Hibernia Management and Development Company Ltd. for its generous contribution to the Girl Quest program.
Register here: https://event-wizard.com/events/RemGirlQuest2020/
Program 3: Fun with STEM
This week-long program welcomes children in grades 4-7 for a total of 6-10 hours during the week. Topics include design challenges, coding/robotics, problem solving, flight, forces and more! Four sessions are planned for this summer: July 13-17, July 20-24, August 3-7 and August 10-14. Some sessions are already full, click below to register for your preferred week.
Our week-long Fun with STEM and Remote Girl Quest virtual camps include:
- Three live sessions hosted by our amazing camp instructors (Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings for 45-60 minutes).
- A virtual visit with an inspiring guest mentor.
- Access to pre-recorded content designed specifically for this remote program.
- Lesson plans for hands-on activities for your child to work on independently or within your bubble (families will be responsible for materials, a list will be provided prior to camp).
- Access to our instructors via email from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. during camp week.
These programs require access to the internet, a device such as tablet, laptop or computer and possibly some adult assistance.