CSLV COVID-19 Operations
Dear CSLV users,
As you may have heard through a statement from the VPR office, steps are taken to reinstate some research capabilities. We, at CSLV, have made plans to return gradually to operation in phase with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and the CRWG recommendations. Please be aware that our opening phases may differ from the dates from the provincial government to accomodate our own requirements and lab space restrictions. Our priority is your safety as well as the safety of our staff and equipment while resuming samples analysis.
You will find below all the informations necessary of our phased-approach return to activity. Please note that this webpage will be updated regularly to adjust to the ever-changing situation. (Last updated August 11th, 2021)
We are currently running in Green
Phases of return to operation
Experienced users can run their samples. Density restrictions are in place to allow 1 person per 30 square ft
All samples are run by CSLV staff.
Lab Inspections performed by CSLV staff. Remote research is supported.
CSLV COVID-19 Lab Safety Rules
- Cleaning Procedure
- Handwashing is mandatory before entering the room.
- All surfaces should be wiped down with the provided EtOH solution before and after usage. Use the spray bottle provided in the lab to spray the solution onto a paper towel before wiping down all surfaces. Do not spray directly on surfaces as it can cause damage.
- Computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor
- Workspace, chair
- Shared equipment that has been used
- Printer, stapler, cutter, etc.
- Handwashing should be repeated every 30 minutes.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lab.
- Masks should be worn at all time when in the lab.
- Do not enter the room with gloves worn outside the lab.
- Users should wear fresh, clean clothes on every visit.
- Physical Distancing
- Only use your assigned individual workspace.
- Maintain physical distance at all times when more than one person in the lab.
- Users should not just drop in but coordinate access online.
- All communication with CSLV staff should be made by email or phone.
- Doors will remain locked at all times.
- Work remotely where possible.