Dear CCART users,
As you may have heard through a statement from the VPR office, steps are taken to reinstate some research capabilities. We, at CCART, have made plans to return gradually to operation in phase with the Governement of Newfoundland and Labrador and the CRWG recommendations. Please be aware that our opening phases may differ from the dates from the provincial government to accomodate our own requirements and lab space restrictions. Our priority is your safety as well as the safety of our staff and equipment while resuming samples analysis.
You will find below all the informations necessary of our phased-approach return to activity. Please note that this webpage will be updated regularly to adjust to the ever-changing situation.
We are currently running in Alert Level #2 UPDATE
Phases of return to operations
Alert Level 5: All facilities are closed.
Alert Level 4: Lab inspections and instrument maintenance performed by C-CART staff.
Alert Level 3: All samples are run by C-CART staff. Effective: June 8th
- CRWG has granted access to the user (proof required)
- All contact with staff must be done by email
- Online sample submission forms. All forms must be completed before dropping the samples
- Samples must be dropped off/picked up at specific time and location (see below)
- Properly labeling of samples is essential. Failure to do so will result in the sample being discarded.
- Grouping of samples/experiments is strongly encouraged
- No training
Alert Level 2: Experienced users can run their samples. Only 1 person at a time in the labs. Effective: July 6th
- Senior users whose research is close to completion will be given priority
- User must contact C-CART staff and has been pre-approved for access
- EHS has granted access to the user (proof required)
- Users must accept to be re-train on the instrument (remotely) if staff judges it necessary
- Users must complete our COVID-19 lab safety training and comply to all the rules at all time
- Only users who have complied to ALL the above will be granted access FACES booking system and to the labs.
- C1021 room access MUST be booked on FACES before booking the instrument. The room access booking is free of charge and has been put in place to guarantee only one person at a time is present in the lab.
- Users must book an extra 15 minutes in the room (not the instrument) to allow for cleaning process.
- Users must sign the cleaning checklist when leaving the lab
- Doors to the lab will be closed at ALL time. If you do not have card access, staff will open the door for you.
- Access to the labs will only be M-F, 9-5.
- Samples can still be submitted onlinefor us to run as service as no extra cost, as in alert level #3.
- No training of new users
- Users who shows symptoms, even if mild, are not allowed on the premises and should isolate for 14 days.
Alert Level 2: UPDATE Training of new user resumes. Effective: September 23rd
- Only users who are ready to use the instrument immediately and on regular basis will receive training. Remember to bring a notebook and your own pen to take notes during the training.
- Training should be arranged by emailing the appropriate staff (MC: Dr. Lin, MS: Dr. Egli, NMR: Dr. Schneider).
- Users must bring their own sample for training.
- Users who will only require analyses sporadically should consider sample submission. Note that the MUN Service fee will be applied
- Only one user at the time will be allowed per instrument. Once sitting at an instrument, the user should restrain from moving around the lab. Please stay in your own space to respect physical distancing.
- There will be strict enforcement of the cleaning protocols and PPE should be worn at all times.
- Access to the labs remains M-F, 9am- 5pm.
- Doors will be closed at all times. If you do not have card access, staff will open the door for you.
- Users who show symptoms, even if mild, are not allowed on the premises and should isolate for 14 days.
Alert Level 1: vaccine discovered and rolled out, we are back to normal
Drop-off times/locations by Instruments
-NMR 300: Every mornings before 11 am, outside C1027.
-NMR 500: only for long experiments (>12hrs) and following discussion with Céline: Proteins, reaction monitoring, etc...Drop-off on Tuesday mornings as well.
-NMR 600: contact Céline.
-MS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 10:00 am – 12:00 pm in C1021 and pick them up within a week during sample drop off times (an email will be sent when the samples have been analysed).
-MC: Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings before noon, outside C1023
-XRD: Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings before noon, outside C1023
C-CART COVID-19 Lab Safety rules
- Handwashing is mandatory when entering the room
- All surfaces should be wiped down with the provided EtOH solution before and after usage. Use the spray bottle provided in the lab to spray the solution onto a paper towel before wiping down all surfaces. Do not spray directly on surface as it can cause damages
- Door/Door handles
- Computer keyboard, mouse and screen
- Instrument surfaces
- Handwashing should be repeated every 30 minutes
- Masks should be worn at all time when in the lab
- Gloves should be worn when manipulating samples
- Do not enter the room with gloves worn outside the lab
- Physical Distancing
- Only one person at a time is allowed in the room
- Users should not be allowed to walk in to see if an instrument is free. All the checking
and booking must be done online.
- Access to the room might be granted only after discussion with staff
- All communication with staff should be made by email or phone
- Doors will remain locked at all time
- Follow floor markings when available