COVID-19 Lab Safety rules – Level 2
- Work only to be completed if access to campus approval has been forwarded to staff.
- No new student to be trained at this time
- MUN’s COVID19 training must be completed
- People who shows symptoms, even if mild, are not allowed on the premises and should call 811 as per provincial regulation.
- Only one person at a time is allowed in a room
- Users are not allowed to walk in to see if the room is free. All the checking and booking must be done online.
- All data processing must be done remotely.
- All communication with staff should be done by email or phone
- Doors will remain closed at all time
- All surfaces should be wiped down with the provided EtOH solution before and after usage. Use the spray bottle provided in the lab to spray the solution onto a paper towel before wiping down all surfaces. Do not spray directly on surface as it can cause damages
- Door/Door handles
- Freezer/fridge handles
- Fume hood handles
- Safety glasses
- Instrument surfaces
- Chair/desk if used
- Any other surface touched
- Handwashing should be repeated every 30 minutes
- Keyboards are to be wrapped in plastic wrap and must be changed after use.
- Masks should be worn at all time when in the lab
- Gloves should be worn when manipulating samples
- Do not enter the room with gloves worn outside the lab
Cleaning check list must be completed and signed when finished in the lab.