Information for students
As the world responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, Memorial staff and faculty have been working diligently to make decisions and communicate information on the impact to students. As this situation is changing quickly, please check back regularly for updated content.
- Memorial’s spring semester, including intersession and summer session, will continue with remote instruction of all courses at all campuses of Memorial University. The revised registration date and course offerings are availble on the Registrar's Office website.
- The fall semester at Memorial will be primarily a remote teaching and learning environment for students. Full in-person, on-campus courses will not resume before January 2021.
- There have been changes to the criteria for scholarship standing for new and returing undergraduate students for 2020-21 scholarship year.
- There have enhancements to provincial and national student aid programs.
- Emergency funding is available for undergraduate and graduate students in need.
- There have been disruptions to some of the processing of services, including requests for official transcripts, requests for education verification letters and transfer credits. Campus tours for undergraduate prospective students are not offered at this time.
FAQs by category
- Spring semester
- Fall semester
- Graduate students
- Students in residence
- Student supports and services
- Remote academic advising supports
- Student workers (including co-op)
- International students - current and prospective
- International students - immigration
- Prospective students and applicants
- Student health and wellness
- Information about libraries