Guidelines for supervisors
Empathy during this transition is crucial. This change will not be easy for everyone and fear, anxiety and uncertainty are all natural reactions for some employees at this time.
Management and supervisors should consider the following when developing a return to campus plan and schedule:
- Whether there are any employees who have advised that a physical return to campus would be unhealthy, risky or contrary to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) principles.
- Where 100 per cent pre-COVID density may not be appropriate or feasible, a hybrid model may need to be considered.
- Whether any COVID-19 signage is required for work spaces.
- Determine if employees have completed the health and safety moment, Memorial’s COVID-19 awareness session and submitted an individual COVID-19 individual form before resuming campus, office and field activities.
- Ensure employees are aware of public health guidelines and Memorial's daily COVID-19 self-assessment check that must be completed daily before coming to campus.
- Support and resources available for employees from Human Resources and/or the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Review Living with COVID-19 in our campus communities: a guide for Memorial University.
- Review the plan Road to recovery: A gradual return to campus for non-academic employees. For easy reference, the supervisor checklist contained in this plan can be found here.
Building on the experiences of the past eight months, leaders may wish to consider whether there is potential for a unit to explore remote work on a permanent basis and discuss with the appropriate vice-president.
Standing Offer and availability of PPE items
Strategic Procurement (Financial and Administrative Services) has a standing offer in place for PPE (such as wipes, masks, etc.) with various vendors; when procuring PPE for your unit this standing offer is to be used. As you create a purchase order or your purchasing requisition, using the vendor indicated in the table and the commodity code will allow your prices to populate and link it automatically to the agreement number. If you require assistance with issuing a purchase requisition or purchase order using commodity codes please contact Strategic Procurement at email@example.com who will provide guidance through the process.
In addition, hand sanitizer is available without charge from Strategic Procurement. Sizes available are 50 ml and 500 ml bottles. To arrange for delivery or pick up of hand sanitizer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Mail Room in the Ingstad Building. Please contact Environmental Health and Safety regarding storage and handling of hand sanitizer.