Dates, Documents, and Forms
All engineering co-op documents and forms that need to be sent to the Engineering Co-op Office should be sent via email: email@example.com
NOTE: Any forms submitted via email, Adobe Acrobat 7 or higher is required
IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR SPRING 2020 WORK TERM:
- We appreciate that some students have opted-out of the Spring 2020 work term for travel or other personal reasons. If your plans have now changed, please contact Engineering Co-operative Education Office and we will place you back in the job competition.
- All aspects of the job competition will be revised to avoid in-person contact, i.e. all interviews will be moved to electronic/phone interviews. Job offers will be made and accepted through email. Please note that the time limits in effect for acceptance will stay the same.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SPRING 2020 WORK TERM:
|Monday, May 4, 2020||Spring Work Term begins. Complete Work Term Conformation online in MyMUNLife.|
|3 weeks from beginning work term||Deadline for submission of Work Term Objectives|
|5 weeks before finishing work term||Deadline for submission of Work Report Outline|
|Friday, August 21, 2020||Spring Work Term officially ends and deadline for the submission of evaluation forms and communications component documents. Students may arrange to work longer if mutually acceptable. Note: If mailing forms/reports, the postmark date will be recorded as the received date.|
|Wednesday, September 9, 2020||Academic courses begin for Fall 2020|
|Thursday, September 10, 2020||Oral presentations for Work Term 4. Students should be prepared to present at this time. Arrangements to be confirmed with your Academic Staff Member (ASM) - Cooperative Education.|
Work Term Course Outlines - Spring 2020
Standard Forms (applicable to all work terms)
- Work Term Confirmation Form: Students must complete this form on-line in the Work Term Record section of MyMUNLife during the first week of work.
- Work Term Objectives: Submit by the required date above.
- Work Report/Presentation Outline - Students should complete this form on-line, if possible, in the Work Term Record section of MyMUNLife. Submit by required dates above.
- Work Term Evaluation Form - Only use this fillable .pdf if unable to complete the on-line End of Work Term Evaluation Form that is sent to supervisors near the end of the work term.
- If the .pdf is used please complete it electronically whenever possible by downloading the blank form to your computer to enable the digital signature feature at the end of the form. Once completed, the student must email the saved PDF to Engineering Co-op at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy (cc) their Supervisor.
- Non-Disclosure Request Form - Electronic Document Submissions - This form is intended for use while hardcopy submissions are suspended due to COVID-19 policies. It is used by any student submitting documents that contain "confidential" material.
- Extended Work Term Opt-In Request Form – This form is to be used by students during the work term after Academic Term 6 who wish to opt into the Extended Work Term Program.
Additional Forms (for employers)
The following forms are available to employers wishing to nominate their work term student. Forms must be submitted to: email@example.com
Please note for the Spring 2020 workterm, PEGNL award nominations are due by September 18, 2020.
- PEGNL Connections East (formerly Eastern Chapter) Award Nomination Form (Eligible for Junior Students completing Work Terms 1-3 prior to Academic Term 5) - one award per work term.
- Paul S. Batstone Memorial Scholarship Nomination Form (Eligible Work Terms: 3 & 4 in the Spring only) - one award per work term
- PEGNL W.W. Cossitt Award Nomination Form (Eligible Work Terms: 4-6) - one award per work term
The following document is available for employers/supervisors to use in conjunction with the End of Term Evaluation Form:
Course Change Form
This form is for the purpose of making changes to your registration (add/drop courses or work term) and should be used when such changes cannot be made through Student Web.
Course Load Waiver Form
For students who wish to register for academic courses during their work term.
Work Report/Presentation Deferral Request
For students seeking to defer the due date of a WT report and/or date of their WT presentation due to illness or other acceptable cause.