MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY’S STUDENT OPINION PANEL
Memorial University’s Student Opinion Panel is a pilot project being conducted in Fall 2016 and Winter 2017 on Memorial University’s St. John’s campus.
The Student Opinion Panel will participate in brief, online opinion polls and in-person focus groups throughout the Fall 2016 and Winter 2017 semesters. This group will help provide consolidated, demographic-specific insight in lieu of multiple surveys from multiple sources.
The Student Opinion Panel will provide university faculty and staff with helpful data and insight into current students’ experiences and perspectives.
1. Membership in the Student Opinion Panel is voluntary and is open to all students on the St. John’s campus.
2. Participation in online opinion polls and focus groups is by email invitation only and will be sent to your @mun.ca email account.
3. Participation is voluntary and you are free to opt out of the Student Opinion Panel at any time by unsubscribing from the email communications.
4. In order to ensure diverse student demographics are represented on the Student Opinion Panel, students who receive invitations to participate in particular polls or focus groups may be selected by stratified random sampling.
5. The Student Opinion Panel will focus on six main topics (three in Fall 2016; three in Winter 2017), and will consist of a combination of brief, online opinion polls and in-person focus groups. As timely topics arise throughout each semester, there is the possibility that additional, brief opinion polls may be conducted on an as-needed basis.
Prizes & Incentives:
1. All entrants into prize draws must complete the opinion poll for which the prize draw applies. Panelists who do not complete the poll will not be entered into the prize draw.
2. The prizes to be won and the deadline for entering will be declared within the email of invitation to the opinion poll.
3. There will be no cash alternative to the prizes.
4. Winners will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries.
5. Winners will be notified by email.
6. There will be only one entry per participant.
7. Winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw. The winners will have 28 days from notification to accept the prize by replying to the notification email. If there is no acceptance within 28 days, the winner will not be eligible for that prize. For all unclaimed prizes remaining after 28 days, a new prize draw winner will be selected. This process continues until all prizes have been claimed.
8. Memorial University is not responsible for late, misdirected or incomplete entries, technical malfunctions/interruptions, or any other communications failures, malfunctions or circumstances affecting the prize draw in any manner.
9. If an incentive is offered at a focus group (e.g. gift cards), the incentive will be given to each focus group participant at the end of the focus group.
1. Participants in the Memorial University Student Opinion Panel consent to Memorial University storing, processing and using the information submitted for the review of supports and resources at Memorial University.
2. All information collected is for statistical purposes only and therefore completely confidential. Only overall summary statistics will be used and not individual information. While online polls will be confidential, they will not be anonymous in order to facilitate follow-up and to allow survey data to be merged with administrative information.
3. Information supplied in response to polls will be aggregated with other replies before being reported. Responses will be confidential and all reports of results will be anonymous.
For more information about Memorial University's Student Opinion Panel, please visit www.mun.ca/ciap/studentopinionpanel