Contesting a ticket


Enforcement Officer

Persons wishing to contest a ticket at Campus Enforcement and Patrol can email parking@mun.ca with the ticket information and the rationale for the fine to be revoked. The parking office will then send the request to the issuing officer for review and response.

Provincial Court

Persons wishing to contest tickets can fill in the appropriate information on their copy of the ticket and send it to the Court. If you provide the appropriate contact information, you will be notified of a time and place for your trial. If you appear you will be heard. If you fail to appear the trial may proceed in your absence.

There is a 30 day appeal period to Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador (Trial Division) for decisions of the Traffic Court. In exceptional circumstances an extension of this time may be granted by the Supreme Court.

Memorial University Traffic Regulations