CLIENTS: All Christmas Hampers for 2020 requested by our deadline of November 30th were delivered on December 19th. There are no hampers left to deliver, and no leftovers available for others. Our monthly hamper program will resume taking names the week of January 4, for delivery on January 9, 2021 - see here for monthly hamper details.
DONATIONS: Please note our Christmas Hamper 2020 donation request has changed from prior years. Details follow, plus these same details are available in a one-page flyer linked below.
This year the Campus Food Bank expects to give out up to 100 Christmas hampers, and we are seeking your assistance in filling them. All donations are greatly appreciated, no amount is too small to give. If you, your family or department would like to donate to this drive, we would be grateful for your support.
Please contact Anne Sinnott (email@example.com) by November 30, 2020 if you are interested in organizing a departmental hamper drive. Registration with us is very important, so that we can plan our collection details. We plan to collect funds on December 9th, for those doing office collections.
If you wish to give directly to the Campus Food Bank, particularly as some offices are still working from home, then details are listed below. You do NOT need to sign up in advance for this option.
Please note that we are not collecting food for hampers this year, only funds. We are hoping for donations in any amount, so that we can fund $150 per requested hamper.
We are going to give out hampers that will consist of a turkey, chicken or ham; a vegetable bag; and a grocery card. Our goal in prior years was to give out a hamper whose combined value of bought and donated foods was $150. In recent years we found we had so many requests, we had to stretch funds and share up the donations in lesser amounts per person. As our client usage has dropped with the closure of campus, this year we hope to be able to give out our $150 hampers.
WAYS TO GIVE:
1. If your department office traditionally collects funds, and your organizer is taking this on again for 2020, they will share details with you.
2. You can mail us a cheque, made out to Campus Food Bank. Just write Campus Food Bank on the internal envelope, too. Please mail it by December 4th. If sending from home, our Canada Post address is Campus Food Bank, Memorial University, St. John's NL A1C 5S7. Please allow enough postal time so it is received in our office by December 9th.
3. You can give by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put a comment in your e-transfer, or send a separate email to us, with your department, or home address if preferred. We will need that to know where to send the tax receipt. Please donate by December 9th.
4. You can give by payroll deduction, if you are a MUN employee or retiree. The form is here. It is fillable on Adobe and Adobe Reader, just use the fill and sign options. The deadline dates are on the form but the earlier the better for payroll staff processing. Payroll will put your charitable donation on your T4, there will not be a separate receipt from us.
5. You can give by your credit card to CanadaHelps. Please note that they charge a small administration fee for their service, so while it is a good option, it’s not the preferred one. They will send you the charitable receipt for your donation. Please donate by December 9th. Their page for our charity is here.
Tax receipts will be issued for monetary donations collected in departments, where donor names are specified. Receipts for employees who give in the office, or via mailed in cheque, or e-transfer, will be sent to the department so home addresses are not needed, UNLESS the employee notifies us otherwise. Sending to work departments save postage costs for us, that’s why it’s our normal method.
If donations are in excess of the amount needed for this year’s Christmas Hampers, the funds collected will be used to stock shelves for regular operations in 2021.
Thanks in advance for your support!