Join the FOG
You can join FOG and participate in volunteer opportunities by completing a FOG Volunteer Application & Interests Form, which you can either download here or pick up from the Garden's Field Centre during their business hours. Interested individuals can also call 864-8590 and request a copy be mailed out. Completed forms can be posted, emailed, or faxed to FOG, or hand-delivered to the Garden located at 306 Mt Scio Road, St. John’s.
FOG Membership Categories
Supportive Friend: An individual who is either a new FOG member, or who anticipates volunteering less than 30 hours between April 1 and March 31.
Active Friend: An individual who was a FOG member in good standing in the previous year, volunteered at least 30 hours, and anticipates volunteering at least 30 volunteer hours in the upcoming year.
Individuals who join the FOG and complete the annual Volunteer and Interest Form, are entitled to the following benefits:
- Advanced registration privileges for FOG organized Workshops.
- Special access to FOG's Spring and Fall Plant Sales
- Free 2019 general admission to the Garden for the individual named on a valid FOG membership.
- A 10% discount on purchases made at The Seed Company when a valid FOG membership card is presented at time of purchase.
Additional benefits for Active Friends who volunteered 30+ hours in the previous year:
- Receive 10 individual Garden visit vouchers to share the wonders of the Garden with friends and family.
- 10% discount on select Garden workshops and events.
- 10% discount on the Garden’s Gift Shop items (some exceptions apply).