The City of St. John’s, in partnership with the MMSB and MUN Botanical Garden, are offering free backyard composting information sessions to residents of St. John’s*.
This year, the City of St. John's is offering two different bin types.
Standard Compost Bin: $50.00 (HST included).
Tumbler Compost Bin: $75.00 (HST included). The tumbler bin is free standing and doesn't touch the ground.
IF YOU ARE PURCHASING A BIN FROM THE CITY OF ST. JOHN'S AFTER THE SESSION, PLEASE NOTE: CASH ONLY PLEASE. Receipts will be provided.
Registration NOT needed! The Compost Talks are by drop in, and your information will be collected at the door. Large groups (10+) are asked to contact us to discuss possibly booking your own session. Education Programs contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops are free; St. John’s residents, who have attended the one-hour session, can purchase bins from the City of St. John’s.
Staff from MUN Botanical Garden.
*Not a resident of St. John's? Please check the MMSB website to see if your community participates: MMSB Compost Bin Program Don't see them on the list? Contact your town hall and ask them to participate - they won't know there is a desire unless you tell them!
The 2019 Dates:
All session to be held at MUN Botanical Garden, 306 Mount Scio Road, St. John's, unless otherwise noted. Dates are subject to change. Please contact us to confirm the date and time.
- 1 – Wednesday, April 3, 6pm at Paul Reynolds Centre
- 2 - Monday, April 15, 6pm at Foran Green Room, City Hall
- 3 - Wednesday, May 1, 12pm
- 4 - Saturday, May 4, 2pm
- 5 - Monday, May 13, 6pm
- 6 - Sunday, May 26, 2pm
- 7 - Saturday, June 8, 12pm
- 8 - Wednesday, June 12, 6pm
- 9 - Tuesday, June 18, 6pm
- 10 - Sunday, July 7, 2pm
- 11 - Tuesday, July 16, 6pm
- 12 - Thursday, July 25, 6pm
- 13 - Saturday, August 10, 2pm
- 14 - Tuesday, August 20, 6pm
- 15 - Thursday, August 29, 6pm
- 16 - Saturday, September 7, 12pm
- 17 - Wednesday, September 18, 6pm
- 18 - Sunday, October 6, 2pm
- 19 - Thursday, October 24, 6pm
- 20 - Saturday, November 16, 2pm
For more information, please contact The Waste and Recycling Division of the City of St. John’s.