Keith Wellon, B.Eng.'76, M.Eng.'79
My career in senior management roles, coupled with my Board experience, will allow me to meaningfully contribute to the ongoing growth and success of MUN. MUN has been seeing the fruits of the very successful major fundraising campaign three years ago. New programs and infrastructure are allowing the Board of Regents the opportunity to lead to new levels of excellence and meaningful purpose. Also, the Board can continue to be inspired through the 100th anniversary years of the “event” in which the sacrifices of a whole generation were honored by the founding and naming of our institution.
MUN & Career Highlights:
- Gold Medalist, B.Engin. 1976
- One of the first MUN Masters of Engin. from Newfoundland (1979)
- Ten years Imperial Oil management stream
- Ten years established and led ACAN Windows
- Ten years senior roles with electrical utilities – Nfld Power and EVP Enmax (Calgary)
- Currently in Calgary as VP Business Development, Western Canada, The Cahill Group (headquartered in St John’s with a great 64 history)
- ICD designation – Institute of Corporate Directors
- Experience with 20+ Boards – Public, charitable, education, cultural & professional Associations).
- NSO (Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra) Chair for 8 years
- PTA President, Bishop Field
- VP and President-Elect Kiwanis Clubs in Toronto & St. John’s
- PEGNL (Professional Engineers) elected Board
- Calgary Co-Chair DARE To Campaign
- Founding Chair (and still on organizing committee), Calgary Affinity Dinner (the leading MUN fundraising event, now in its eleventh year).