CREAIT-ISG supports approximately 148 faculty, staff and graduate students as well as the IT infrastructure housed across CREAIT satellite laboratories and the Ocean Sciences Centre. We support all instrumentation IT assets for diverse research systems such as HPLC, DNA sequencing, Proteomics, Mass Spectrometry, CT scanning, NMR and aquaculture data aquisition systems. CREAIT-ISG is responsible for 70 servers (including HPC compute nodes) and over 280 edge and client systems. We house approximately 100 TB of redundant data space and manage several virtualization hosts located in our data centre facility.
Our operations are staffed and services provided by the following positions:
- IT Manager (Mr. M. Bolli) - IT Planning, Policy
- System Administrator IV (Mr. Paul Sherren) - HPC Systems, System Planning, Virtualization, Authentication, Network Monitoring Systems, Deployment Framework
- System Administrator III (Mr. K. Langdon) - OSC Servers and Scientific Instrument and Software Systems, Windows AD Systems, Data Security, OSC Account Administration
- System Administrator III (Dr. B. Myron) - CREAIT Systems, Windows AD Systems, CREAIT Scientific Instrument and Software Systems, Geophysics Systems Administration, CREAIT Account Administration
- Research Laboratory Coordinator I (Mr. P. Bruce - cross-appointed with CSLV) - Geophysics Scientific Software and Instrumentation
CREAIT-ISG is additionally engaged in IT system operations for various larger research projects. Some of these include:
- 504 core HPC cluster co-location, IT operations and management for MRP Project entitled "Purpose Built Computers for Seismic Modeling and Inversion".
- Management and Operation of the Image and Data Analysis Facility located at the Ocean Sciences Centre
- Management and operation of Rapid Research Image Acquisition System (RRIAS) housed in the Joe Brown Aquaculture Research Building (OSC)
- Camelina Project (OSC/MRP) - cloud data sharing system
- Early diets in physiology of cod larvae (OSC/MRP) - data acquisition, processing and archival
- RAVEN II (MRP) - data archival solution
- REALM (MRP) - cloud data sharing system