Psychology Research Experience Pool (PREP): Information for Researchers
Dates: Winter 2015 semester
Deadline to request hours for Winter 2015: Wednesday, December 17th, 2014
First day to test participants for credit: Monday, January 5th, 2015
Last day to test participants for credit: Thursday, April 2nd, 2015
Dates: Fall 2014 semester
Deadline to request hours for Fall 2014:Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
First day to test participants for credit: Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Last day to test participants for credit: Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014
Testing Participants in PREP
Researchers who would like to test participants in PREP have five simple steps to complete. All relevant forms can be found here.
1. Obtain approval from ICEHR to test PREP participants in your experiment(s). This application or amendment should include:
2. Request an account for the Sona website. This should be done by faculty members and any researchers in their labs who will be testing PREP participants, including graduate and undergraduate students and research assistants. Note that faculty members are responsible for all researchers in their labs. To do this:
- Read the PREP Researcher and PI Documentation
- Fill out and submit the Researcher Account Request Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Submit a PREP New Study Request for any ICEHR approved studies you wish to post in the PREP
4. Request PREP Hours for the upcoming semester by the current deadline. Only faculty members in the Psychology Department may request PREP hours, and hours will only be allocated to faculty members. It is the responsibility of each faculty member to request enough hours for everyone (students, RAs, etc.) in his/her lab. Please note that you may not receive the number of hours requested, depending on the number of students and researchers involved in PREP in a given semester.
Please note that hours must be requested prior to the start of the semester (see current deadline above), but new study requests and new account requests can be submitted at any time.
Studies for Pay
Researchers who would like to post their pay studies in the Sona website must first have an account to access Sona (see above). Principal Investigators do not need to request hours for pay studies and participants may be tested at any time. To post your pay study, please forward your ICEHR or HREB approval letter to email@example.com. Then simply create the study in Sona and use the link in the system to request visibility.