To set up your Windows Mail client to work with MUNmail, just follow these steps:
- Open Windows Mail. The wizard pops up if it's your first time using it; otherwise, simply click Tools > Accounts > Add.
- Enter your name, then click Next.
- Enter your MUN Login ID followed by "@mun.ca" (e.g. MUNLoginID@mun.ca), and click Next.
- Choose IMAP input given servers, and check 'Outgoing server requires authentication'; click Next.
- Enter your MUN Login ID followed by "@mun.ca" (e.g. MUNLoginID@mun.ca) and password, and click Next.
- Click through (the checkbox is optional), then click Finish.
- Select Tools > Accounts > IMAP account, then select Properties > Advanced.
- Enter port number '465' next to the 'Outgoing Mail (SMTP)' field and port number '993' next to the 'Incoming mail (IMAP)' field. Check both secure connection boxes, and click Apply
- Click Close.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve MUNmail messages.