To set up your Outlook 2007 client to work with MUNmail:
Step 1 - First Time Using Outlook
If this is your first time using Outlook 2007, click Next, select Yes and then click Next and move to Step 3. If this is not your first time using Outlook 2007, move to Step 2.
Step 2 - Have an Account Set Up
1. Click on Tools ->Account Settings...
2. On the E-mail tab.
3. Click on New...
Step 3 - Auto Account Setup
1. Enter your name in the Your Name: field.
2. Enter your MUN Login ID followed by @mun.ca (yourLoginID@mun.ca) in the E-mail Address: field.
3. Check the box beside Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
4. Click Next.
Step 4 - Choose Email Service
1. Select Internet E-mail.
2. Click Next.
Step 5 - Server Information
1. Choose IMAP from the Account Type: pull-down menu.
2. Enter imap.gmail.com in the Incoming mail server: field.
3. Enter smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing mail server(SMTP): field.
Step 6 - Logon Information
1. Enter your MUN Login ID followed by @mun.ca (yourLoginID@mun.ca) in the User Name: field.
2. Enter your MUN password in the Password: field.
3. Click More Settings ...
Checking the Remember password box will alow anybody with access to your computer to freely read your email and to send email as you from your account. Check the box only if this will not happen without your approval.
Step 7 - Outoing Server
1. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
2. Make sure the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box is selected.
3. The radio button Use same settings as my incoming mail server should also be selected.
Step 8 - Advanced Settings
1. Click the Advanced tab.
2. Ensure the Incoming server (IMAP) is using SSL encryption on port 993
3. Ensure the Outgoing server (SMTP) is using TLS encryption on port 587.
4. Click OK.
Step 9 - Finishing Up
Click Next ->Finish.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve MUNmail messages.