Making the most of your time
As graduate students, you've come to realize that managing your time is an essential skill.
Balancing hours spent in class and at research with some measure of a social life can be difficult. Add deadlines and requirements that seem to have crept up on you to the mix and you can say with certainty that your life is busy.
We're here to help. Whether you're looking to find that form your supervisor wanted yesterday, or you need to know what deadlines are fast approaching, this is the place.
Here are some essentials you should keep in mind:
- Make sure you know who the graduate officer is in your department.
- Keep a timeline of deadlines. Remember to include those from your supervisor, your department, your faculty and the School of Graduate Studies.
- Pay attention to scholarship and grant applications. Funding is essential, and so is timing. Give yourself plenty of time to collect transcripts, reference letters and write an air-tight proposal. And hand it in on time!
- Need a quiet place to study? Our libraries offer bookable study spaces, many of which are set aside for graduate students. Browse and book a study space by visiting the Study Rooms & Spaces website.
- If you don't know, ask. Save your research hours for your thesis.