The right tools for the job
Marketing & Communications has developed a wide range of resources to support marketing and communications activities across Memorial. From photos and publication templates, to guides and educational materials, to specialized services, they are available to help you understand and undertake best practices for promotional projects. Peruse the list below and, if you don’t find what you’re looking for, contact us. Chances are, we’re already working on a tool for your task. If not, we can probably provide some advantageous advice.
Communications and marketing tips, tools and trends
Brand+Aid, a Marketing & Communications event open to the university community, was held April 26, 2013. Presentations from the day are available below:
- Media Panel Discussion: How social media impacts where stories come from and how those stories are told. Panelists are David Cochrane (CBC), Mike Connors (NTV), James McLeod (The Telegram), moderated by Paula Dyke, associate director, communications, Memorial University. Watch video recording of presentation.
- New and Improved Brand Tools: Standards and templates. Watch video recording of presentation.
- Site Builder: Enhancements to the university's web content management system. Watch video recording of presentation.
- Reputation Management: Use it or lose it. Watch video recording of presentation.
Brand standards: logos, colours, design templates
- Brand standards
- Memorial's colour palette explained
- Marketing templates
- Memorial's logo and Grenfell's logo
- Google Analytics guide
- Image Services price list
- Marketing & Communications photography
- Media relations
- News releases
- News sources
- Site Builder assistance
- Special Events Guide
- Web accessibility
- Web banner assistance
- Web templates
Writing and editing
- Canadian Press (CP) Style Guide
- Memorial's Style Guide
- Social Media Guidelines
- Writing for the web
- Writing for the web (PDF)
Policies and procedures