The Divison of Marketing and Communications provides access to the most up-to-date information released by Memorial University of Newfoundland. Archives of previous news releases are also available.
To access news releases from Grenfell Campus please click here.
REF NO.: 104
SUBJECT: New Media Lecture Series continues on Jan. 22 at Memorial University
DATE: Jan. 19
The New Media Lecture Series continues on Thursday, Jan. 22, with a series of lectures around the theme Bodies, Landscapes and Our Sense of Place. Lectures include:
- Geoff Younghusband - Loose Confederacy Animations
- Andrea Cooper - Desire, Memory and the Virtual Body
- Lisa Porter - Laying Pipe: The Making of The Plumber's Waltz
- Dr. Peter Trnka - How I'd Like The World To Look: Theoretical Issues In Contemporary Media
The lectures take place from 7:30-9:30 p.m. in the Sally Davis Room, SN-4087, located in the Science Building on Memorial University's St. John's campus.
The New Media Lecture Series is sponsored by the M. Phil in the Humanities Program at Memorial University and Edge Intermedia. The series is moderated by Lori Clarke and includes two consecutive Thursday evenings of public presentations and performances by local artists, theoreticians, and curators exploring current uses of technology in art practice, and themes of place, bodies, identity and virtuality. Presentations are followed by facilitated discussion aimed at exploring the bridges between art practice, critical theory and curatorial visions. Past programming included: Virtual Utopias with lectures by:
- Liz Pickard - The Noble Wedding Project
- Media Jam - Work in Progress
- Dr. Jennifer Dyer - Utopian Imagination
- 30 -