Global acclaim for marketing and communications work
From multimedia use to publication design to alumni events, Memorial University continues to make waves in the field of institutional advancement at local, national and international levels.
Fifteen awards were recently collected by members of the Memorial community who contributed to a number of advancement initiatives during the past year. A complete list of all 15 awards can be found below.
Notably, Grenfell Campus’s new institutional branding campaign, Find Your Corner, was a major player on the 2013 awards circuit, as was Memorial’s 2013 Research Report,The League of Extraordinary Researchers: Research Strategy Framework.
Four different professional associations recognized Memorial in their respective awards programs. The award submissions are peer-adjudicated and undergo rigorous examination by a panel of judges.
The Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education (CCAE), which represents advancement professionals at Canadian universities, honoured Memorial with four gold, one silver and two bronze medals in its Prix d’excellence awards program.
Memorial supporters Drs. Angus and Jean Bruneau were also presented the prestigious Friends of Education Award from CCAE. The Bruneaus are the first recipients from Newfoundland and Labrador to receive this award.
Some of the feedback from the CCAE judging panel included “authentic,” “inspirational,” “exciting” and a “strong strategic focus.”
The Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), representing international excellence in marketing and communications among educational institutions, awarded Memorial with a gold medal in its international Circle of Excellence awards program and a silver medal in its New England and eastern Canada awards program.
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), representing a professional network of about 15,000 business communication professionals in more than 80 countries, awarded Memorial a Gold Quill Merit Award, representing worldwide communications excellence, and three Pinnacle Awards for communications excellence at the provincial level.
During the IABC judging process, Memorial’s submissions were deemed to be “inspired” and the execution “terrific.”
The eduStyle Higher-ed Web Awards, celebrating the best work in college and university websites in the United States since 2008, handed out awards for Canadian university websites for the first time this year. Of 16 categories that recognized the most innovative and exciting developments in key areas of higher education web development, Memorial took two awards: one for Best Giving or Campaign Site and another for Best Annual or Community Report.
A complete collection of marketing and communications awards follows below:
Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education (CCAE):
• Gold: Best Use of Multimedia, Grenfell Campus’s Find your Corner video;
• Gold: Best Alumni Event, Wicked Memorial Variety Show
• Gold: Best PR/Marketing/Communications Initiative, League of Extraordinary Researchers: Research Strategy Framework
• Gold: Best Institutional Annual Report Dare or Truth – President’s Report Highlights 2012
• Silver: Best Student Recruitment Viewbook, Grenfell Campus
• Bronze: Best Institutional Branding, Grenfell Campus’s Find Your Corner campaign
• Bronze: Best Photograph, Grenfell Campus’s ‘Changer’
Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE):
• Gold: Research Publications (Print), League of Extraordinary Researchers: Research Strategy Framework (CASE International Circle of Excellence)
• Silver: Special Purpose Publications – Multi-page, League of Extraordinary Researchers: Research Strategy Framework (CASE District I)
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC):
(Gold Quill awards are presented for world-wide communications excellence; Pinnacle awards are given by the N.L. chapter of IABC)
• Gold Quill: Merit Award, Publication Design, League of Extraordinary Researchers: Research Strategy Framework
• Pinnacle Award of Excellence: Organizational Leader, Dr. Christopher Loomis
• Pinnacle Award of Excellence: Publication Design, League of Extraordinary Researchers: Research Strategy Framework
• Pinnacle Award of Excellence: Special Event-External, Dare To: The Campaign for Memorial University
eduStyle Higher-ed Web Awards:
• Best Giving or Campaign Site: www.dareto.ca
• Best Annual or Community Report: www.mun.ca/research/framework