International Visitors and Delegations
Memorial University of Newfoundland is a multi-campus, comprehensive University in Canada. The University receives many requests from visiting international dignitaries and delegations every year. Visits often lead to new partnerships and collaborations.
If you are an exchange partner planning to visit Memorial University please follow the instructions here:
- Please contact Chris Hibbs at the Internationalization Office, email@example.com with details about your visit (date, number of people who will be visiting, special requests for your visit) and he will do his best to accommodate your visit.
- Review the visa requirements for your visit.
If you are a Memorial unit planning to host a visiting delegation, the Internationalization Office is pleased to support your efforts.
- If the delegation is only visiting your unit, and you would like a representative of the Internationalization Office to meet your guests, please contact the Internationalization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the delegation wishes to engage with other units or campuses, the Internationalization Office can provide support as follows:
Review the checklist and prepare the information for the letter of invitation (if your colleagues require one): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp
- Help organize the visit agenda – meetings and presentations.
- Consider and facilitate special requests (letter of invitation for a visa, meetings with senior administrators, signing of agreements, dinners, etc.).
If you are a Memorial faculty member or unit that is traveling to visit an institution outside of Canada and are willing to promote Memorial more broadly during your visit, please contact the Internationalization Office at email@example.com
Our staff will investigate the pan-university potential for collaboration with your destination institution and if deemed a strategic opportunity will provide support as follows:
- Supply informational brochures
- Supply template MoU and agreement if that is an expected outcome.
- Help with follow-up communications.
- Connect you with our counterparts in the destination
- Possibly provide a small amount of funding to help with your travel costs or direct you to other external funding depending on the destination