Methods of Payment
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer
- Credit Card
- Cash/Debit Card
- Tuition Voucher
- Payroll Deductions
- Student Aid
- Set up Memorial University as a payee with your Canadian financial institution by searching for the word "Memorial".
- Your student number is your account number.
- Follow your bank's instructions to make a payment to MUN.
Payments should be processed within 3 business days. Go to my.mun.ca and check your student account to ensure the payment has been applied. Payments made on or before the fees payment deadline are considered received by Memorial as of the bank transaction date and will NOT be charged a late fee.
- Send an email to the Cashier's Office to request Memorial's banking information.
- Include the student name and student number in the details of the wire transfer.
- Follow your bank's instructions to send a wire transfer to Memorial.
Payments should be received within 10 business days. Go to my.mun.ca and check your student account to ensure the payment has been applied.
Credit Card - MasterCard is the only credit card accepted for the payment of tuition and related fees. MasterCard payments can only be made through Memorial Self-Service. Credit card payments cannot be made in-person at the Cashier's Office.
- Go to my.mun.ca to launch Memorial Self-Service.
- Click on the following links Student Main Menu > Financial Information > Credit Card Payment.
- Follow the instructions to make a credit card payment.
Please note there will be a convenience fee of 1.85% charged to your card by Moneris. Payments made through Self-Service should be applied to your student account immediately.
Cheques can be mailed or can be placed in the night deposit box outside the Cashier's Office. Cheques that are mailed or placed in the night deposit box must have the student number written on the back of the cheque. When mailing cheque it should be addressed as follows. The cheque will be valid on the date received.
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Arts & Administration Building
230 Elizabeth Avenue
St. John's, NL A1C 5S7
A dishonoured cheque fee of $25.00 will be charged for each cheque tendered to the University and not honoured by the bank. A student with a dishonoured cheque record must may fees by cash, certified cheque or money order.
Tuition Voucher - Students receiving a tuition voucher must present the tuition voucher and pay the balance of their fees to the Cashier's Office by the published fee payment deadline to avoid being assessed a late payment fee. Tuition vouchers can also be placed in the night deposit box outside the Cashier's Office, room number A1023 in the Arts & Administration Building. Tuition vouchers that are placed in the night deposit box must have the student number written on the back of the voucher.
Payroll Deductions - Graduate students receiving funding through the University payroll system may elect to pay their tuition and other charges by payroll deduction. Payroll Deductions can be requested by logging into my.mun.ca and clicking on the Employee tab. To avoid a late fee, the online form must be submitted every semester before the fee payment deadline.