All major Canadian banks, trust companies and credit unions have offices in St. John's. Listed below are the bank branches in the university area. For information of other branches, including location and contact information, consult the website or the yellow pages of the St. John’s telephone directory.
When considering a bank you should consider your financial situation and discuss banking options with various banking service providers to find the bank that best meets their needs. Each bank can advise you of the documentation necessary to open a new account. You may need to make an appointment to open a bank account, so call before you go.
Bank locations near the St. John's campus are as follows:
- Scotiabank, 21 Elizabeth Avenue, 576-1988
- RBC Royal Bank, 65 Elizabeth Avenue, 576-4545
- CIBC, Rowan Street, Churchill Square, 576 -8777
- TD Canada Trust, 80 Elizabeth Avenue, 758-1850
- Bank of Montreal, 384 Elizabeth Avenue, 758-2110
- Newfoundland and Labrador Credit Union, 240 Water Street, 722-5824
- Eastern Edge Credit Union, Fort William Building, 739-2920
In addition to banks, St. John's has many Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) located in a wide variety of retail stores and public locations throughout the city, including on Memorial University’s campuses. ATMs allow you to access your bank account at your convenience. You will need an “interact card” or Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card to use an ATM. If you use an ATM machine that is not operated by your financial institution you may be charged a processing fee.