Scholarships and fellowships
Total Institutional Support
*Includes external scholarships donated to Memorial University $457,911 and external sponsorship funds raised by Alumni Affairs $292,402.
Gift Amount by Designated Area
- Includes financial aid and student programming
- Area of greatest need within a unit (e.g. campus, faculty, school, department, etc.)
- Includes teaching chairs, professorships, mentorships, lecturers
- Includes programs and research chairs
- Includes infrastructure, lab equipment and facilities
- Includes designations not yet determined
The university’s operating budget funds the operations of the university,
including the Grenfell and Marine Institute campuses. A grant is also provided to Harlow Campus in Essex, England.
Student fees comprised 14 per cent of total operating fund revenue.
75 per cent of expenditures in the operating fund have been spent in the
academic, library and student services functional areas.
The university provided $5.4 million in undergraduate and graduate scholarships,
bursaries, and other awards from our endowed and non-endowed trust funds.
To view the university's audited financial statements, please visit