Please Enter a Search Term
Why Peer Helpers Are Necessary
- People most often seek help from peers when they have personal concerns.
- Peers model each other's behaviour and positive role models can encourage healthy standards.
- Peer Helpers can bridge the gap between professionals and students by providing accurate and confidential information about seeking professional help.
- Peer Helpers are trained to use a number of skills (e.g. listening and attending skills, values clarification, and use of questioning) which enable them to provide informal help to other students.
- Peer helping can enhance the personal growth of students seeking help.