Integrated Planning Committee
The Integrated Planning Committee was established by the provost and vice-president (academic) in 2016 to ensure that:
- the university has a set of institution-wide strategic priorities in place that guides the future direction of the university and serves as a foundation for strategic planning initiatives at Memorial;
- existing and ongoing planning exercises and the strategic priorities are aligned;
- resource allocation at Memorial is driven by strategic priorities and is integrated with the budget process; and
- its activities and any recommendations it makes are transparent.
The IPC will also advise the president on operating budget matters, consulting widely with the Memorial University community to develop and finalize its recommendations to the President. The committee will develop annual operating budget plans, guided by these four principles:
1. The budget must be balanced.
2. Resource allocation must support the University’s strategic priorities.
3. Decisions should be driven by information as much as possible.
4. Recommendations must be transparent.
The IPC will work closely with the Planning and Budget Committee of Senate (PBC) in all aspects of its mandate. It will use information regarding the monitoring progress of established plans and frameworks that is generated by the PBC in its work. IPC will also consult with PBC as it develops its operating budget plan.
Budget consultations 2018-19
Complete the online budget consultation form here. Please note that this form will be open until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 12.
For the budget consultation schedule for Jan. 2018, click here.
Committee membership includes faculty, staff and student representation across Memorial's campuses.
For details on budgeting at Memorial, see the links below: