Field Liason/Field Committee
This committee, which is a sub-committee of the Undergraduate Studies Committee, makes recommendations to the field education coordinators regarding the management and development of the undergraduate field programs.
An undergraduate student, elected from each graduating class sits on this committee along with faculty, administrative personnel, and community representatives.
The student representatives on this committee are involved in the following mandatory roles and responsibilities:
- Attend regular meetings of the Field Committee.
- Act as a liaison between your class, fellow BSW students and the members of the field committee.
- Attend regular meetings of the Class of 2014 executive.
- Exercise voting privileges on Class of 2014 executive.
- Introduce yourself to the student body.
- Identify student/class concerns - via appropriate communication mediums (ex e-mail, class presentations, student newsletters, facebook, signs in student lounge etc).
- Bring students concerns before the committee.
- Liaise and bridge connections between social work students and field committee.
- Report, as appropriate, to the social work students decisions made by the committee that would affect the student body.
- Uphold confidentiality at all times unless otherwise directed.
- Other duties as arise and are appropriate.