Responsibilities of the Secretary
- Attend regular meetings of the ASWS committee.
- Exercise voting privileges on the ASWS committee.
- Introduce yourself to the student body.
- Identify student/ASWS concerns - via appropriate communication
mediums (ex e-mail, class presentations, student newsletters, facebook,
signs in student lounge etc).
- Liaise and bridge connections between social work students and the ASWS committee.
- Compile a list of contact information to be distributed among the newly formed committee, the presidents of each graduating year and the Dean of the school of social work.
- Contact all members of the Association of Social Work Student committee at least one week before the first meeting of the fall and winter semester.
- Share minutes of the Association of Social Work Student committee meetings with secretaries from all graduating years and representatives of each of the second degree and Nunatsiavut programs.
- Record, copy, and distribute minutes of committee meetings to all members.
- Keep an accurate record of membership and attendance of committee members of their graduating year.
- Post Association of Social Work Student committee notices.
- Reserve classrooms for meetings.
- Write letters of invitation and thanks as requested.
- Prepare get-well cards and arrange for members signatures as needed.
- Uphold confidentiality at all times unless otherwise directed.
- Other duties as arise and are appropriate
 Fall and Winter semesters as determined by Memorial University of Newfoundland’s Yearly Calendar