Competition Rules and Regulations
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description, the slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration)
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment, pointers) are permitted
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified
- Presentations are to be spoken word (eg. no poems, raps or songs)
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through movement or speech
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final
- Communication style: was the thesis topic and its significance communicated in language appropriate to an intelligent but non-specialist audience?
- Comprehension: did the presentation help the audience understand the research?
- Engagement: did the oration make the audience want to know more?
3MT® resources on this website have been generously provided by The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia.