Mandate of Council
The Residence Council is an advisory body to the Director, Student Residences. It examines policies and procedures in place for Student Residences and recommends alternatives to improve the quality of life for residents.
In principle, the membership of the council will maximize the representation of constituent groups in Student Residences. Membership will be a combination of appointed and elected members of the Student Residences community.
The Residence Council will be chaired by the Manager, Residence Life.
The remaining membership will include:
- 3 Residence Co-ordinators (appointed by the Director, Student Residences, by application).
- 3 student staff (appointed by the Director, Student Residences, by application; 1 male RA, 1 female RA, and 1 AA).
- 4 residence society presidents (elected by the presidents; at least 1 of each gender).
- 4 MUNSU residence representatives (2 Paton College representatives, a Macpherson College representative, and a Burton’s Pond representative).
- 3 first year representatives (appointed by the Director, Student Residences, by application).
- 4 member-at-large (by application/election).
The final selection of all applicants will take into consideration gender balance, ensuring at least one representative from each of the residences (if possible) and a degree of continuity of some members from year to year.