NSERC Research Tools & Instruments (RTI) Grants
Memorial has received a quota of twelve (12) applications for the upcoming NSERC Research Tools and Instruments (RTI) Program. To facilitate an internal process required by NSERC to submit applications to the national competition, there will be a three step process (see Attachments below - "Memorial's Internal Procedures for Selecting NSERC RTI Applications: Registration, Application and Deadlines" for full details and application instructions):
- Step I Registration by Academic Units for Internal Proposal Review Committee (RGCS does NOT require any action by individual researchers during Step I.)
- Internal Deadline: Noon, Friday, September 5th, 2014
- Step II Submission of ShortForm Internal Application to RGCS by Researchers
- Internal Deadline: Noon, Monday, September 15th, 2014
- Documents to be submitted electronically Research Grant and Contract Services via email@example.com, in a single, compiled PDF (Filename: PI last name_Initials_Faculty.PDF)
- Note: The Internal Proposal Review Committee may request additional information or clarification regarding any application received. Applicants must be available to provide any required information to the committee during the internal application review period (September 15th September 29th, 2014). Researchers that have submitted applications selected for further development and submission to NSERC will be informed of such decision within 3 working days of a committee decision.
- Step III Submission of Selected Applications to NSERC
- Internal Deadline:Noon, Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
- External Deadline: 5 p.m., NL local time, Monday, October 27th, 2014
- Applications must be received by Research Grant and Contract Services, together with Head and Dean approvals as appropriate by 3 working days prior to the external deadline
Submitting a RTI Grant application requesting $150,000 $250,000
For applications requesting funding >$150,000, confirmation of secured funding must be provided to RGCS prior to electronic signature by RGCS to submit applications to NSERC. NSERC will accept applications for equipment whose total net cost is up to $250,000, provided that the applicant has secured, at the time of application submission to NSERC, the additional funding from other sources to bring the amount requested from NSERC to $150,000 or less. Funding may come from a variety of sources applicants are encouraged to contact ORS to review eligibility of matching funds (secured or to be applied for). Applicants who anticipate that they will require funding from the Research & Development Corporation (RDC) for their NSERC RTI application, should contact Joy Carew (x6891), for further information.
Please address any queries to a Grants Coordinator, Research Grant and Contract Services
- Joan Atkinson, (x8252) Grants Coordinator (Arts, Engineering, and MI)
- Tasha Harrold, (x4745) Grants Coordinator (Science, Business Administration, Education, Music, Councelling Centre and the Labrador Institute)
- Vicki Gill, (x3045)G Grants Coordinator (Medicine, Pharmacy, Grenfell, Human Kinetics and Recreation, Nursing, Social Work)
This opportunity was posted by Research Grant and Contract Services.
- Memorial's Internal Procedures for Selecting NSERC RTI Applications: Registration, Application and Deadlines (RTI Internal Process 2014_.pdf)
Last updated: 2014-09-15 09:36:27