Institutional Review of all applications, including notifications or letters of intent, is undertaken by Research Grant and Contract Services (RGCS) or CREAIT, CRC and CFI Services (CCCS) as appropriate.
The offices require completed applications to be received a minimum of three working days before the funding agency deadline for institutional review and signature.
A completed application includes:
- The final draft of your application, including all forms, letters of support, CVs or other materials to be submitted to the funding agency
- All required signatures including:
- signatures for all internal applicants/co-applicants
- appropriate department head and dean/associate dean (research) unit signatory review and signed approval
- signatures of any external co-applicants and signatures from their institutions
Note: Institutional reviews are not conducted concurrently with reviews by academic units. Academic units may require one or more additional days to review and sign applications.
External co-applicant signatures and signatures from their institution are required to confirm external commitments, including time, space, financial and other. Deadlines at partnering institutions will impact your timelines.