Grant and Non-Grant Sponsored Research
Below are the general differences between a grant and a contract. Specific questions should be directed to Research Grant and Contract Services (RGCS) or CREAIT, CRC and CFI Services (CCCS).
Characteristics of Grants
- No direct or indirect remuneration to the principal investigator or co-investigators
- Research objectives are defined by the principal investigator
- Intellectual property ownership remains solely with Memorial and its researchers
- No limitations on publication of Memorial's intellectual property
- No specific transfer of results, or any right to use unpublished research results provided to the sponsor