Research Grant and Contract Services works closely with the Office of the Vice-President (Research); CREAIT, CRC and CFI Services; legal counsel; Enterprise Risk Management; the Genesis Group and individual faculties and schools to provide support for research funding activities.
Pre-Award Administrative Services
- Institutional signature for applications, and grant related contracts and agreements for all funding agencies except CFI and CRC (see CREAIT, CRC and CFI Services for more information)
- Grant applications: comprehensive and institutional reviews to ensure that applications adhere to both university and agency policies; submission where applicable.
- Contracts/agreements: review and negotiate terms of research contracts and agreements.
- Facilitation of the establishment of research accounts through Financial and Administrative Services; fund transfers; tracking clearances/ethics reviews where applicable (Animal Care, Ethics, etc.).
- Administration of internally-funded grant programs.
- Liaison with Tri-Agency (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) and other research funding organizations and agencies; related accountability and regulatory requirements.
- Workshops and faculty/staff orientations.
- Communicating funding opportunities/deadlines; agency guidelines.
Post-Award Administrative Services
Post-award activities are generally the responsibility of the academic unit. RGCS does provide post-award services for ACOA-AIF and PRNL funded R&D projects on the St. John's campus.
Major Research Partnerships (MRP)
Major Research Partnerships works closely with researchers in the development of proposals for new AIF projects and the creation of new industrial research collaborations. More information on the services provided by MRP is available online.