Electronic Test and Measurement
High performance electronic test and measurement equipment has been ordered for the facility, including:
- A Neoscope II Benchtop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) with an Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS) unit
- A Tektronix MDO4104-6 mixed domain oscilloscope with built-in spectrum analyzer
- A Tektronix DMM4050 digital precision multimeter (6.5 digit resolution, accuracy of 0.0024%, dual numerical and graphical display)
- A Tektronix AFG2021 arbitrary / function generator (1 analog channel, 20 MHz sine waveform, 14-bit / 250 MS/s arbitrary waveform generation, USB/GPIB/LAN interface)
- A Sorensen XBT32-3FTP programmable DC power supply (triple output, 0-32V/0-3A x 2, 0-15V/0-5A/32W)
- A Fluke PM6303A Automatic RCL Meter to measure resistance, capacitance and inductance
- A Tektronix FCA3103 timer / counter / analyzer (300 MHz, 3 GHz, 50 ps)
- A Leica A60 S stereo microscope system with swing arm stand for industrial inspection, assembly and quality control
- A metrology station that includes a highly accurate Mitutoyo electronic micrometer set and height gauge
More information on the major pieces of equipment is provided below.
The JCM-6000 Neoscope II complements both optical microscopes and traditional SEMs. It offers image magnification of up to 60,000x, but with a high depth of field unmatched by optical microscopes. The EDS unit allows for analysis of material chemical makeup using spectroscopy.
Mixed Domain Oscilloscope
The Tektronix MDO4000 series is the "world’s first and only oscilloscope with a built-in spectrum analyzer". The MDO4104-6 has 4 x 1 GHz analog channels, 16 digital channels, and 1 RF channel at 6 GHz. The unit has an analog record length 20 Mpts per channel. Probes include 4 TPP1000 1 GHz passive probes and a TDP1500 1.5 GHz differential probe. Serial triggering and analysis can be done via RS-232, I2C/SPI, ethernet and USB 2.0.