While it is not possible to issue a duplicate of one’s original diploma, upon receipt of the following, the university will issue a replacement diploma with the signatures of the current officers of the university:
1) A signed request (original letter must be submitted in person or by mail to Judy Jewison, Office of the Registrar, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, NL, A1C 5S7)) from the student, outlining the rationale for the request in accordance with item #2 below, and including detailed graduation information (i.e. student number, degree and date awarded) as well as contact information (i.e. telephone number, mailing address, email).
A statutory declaration (original), sworn before a Notary*, setting forth the evidence for loss of the original diploma.
The original diploma, in the case of it being damaged.
Please Note the Following:
- There is no fee for this service.
- "Issued to Replace Original" will appear in fine print in the bottom margin of the replacement diploma (along with the date of issuance).
- Upon submission of above documentation, you should allow 1 - 2 weeks for processing.
- You may request to have the replacement diploma mailed, or arrange to have someone else pick up your diploma by submitting written authorization to do so. Please note that proper identification is required before the replacement diploma will be released to either the student or a third party for whom we have received authorization from the student to do so.
*The official request for a replacement diploma must be signed before a Notary Public, or Commissioner of Oaths, and have their official stamp/seal to indicate authenticity.
If you have any queries regarding this issue, please contact Judy Jewison, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 709.864.8265.