Psychology Co-op Program (PCOP)
The Psychology Co-op Program (or PCOP) is an option for psychology and behavioural neuroscience majors. This program provides an opportunity for students to learn valuable practical skills while working in fields related to Psychology.
Students who are accepted into PCOP complete three full-time, paid work terms. The timing of the work terms is such that employers stand to gain from the acquired skills of psychology majors in training.
Please consult the Calendar description of the program more details.
Please keep in mind that
- Admission is limited, competitive, and selective.
- The primary criterion used in reaching decisions on applications for admission is overall academic achievement. Students with average overall academic records are unlikely to be admitted.
- Students must first be admitted to the Psychology (B.A. or B.Sc.) or Behavioural Neuroscience Major.
- To be eligible for admission, students must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours with an overall average of at least 65%, and an average of at least 65% in all Psychology courses. Students must have a passing grade in all required courses, and must be registered for 15 additional credit hours in the semester in which they apply.
- Although the deadline for applying is December 15, students are strongly advised to submit their application by 4:00 PM on October 16.
How To Apply
Submit an application package that includes the following:
- Your full name, MUN ID, and @mun.ca email address
- A one-page statement about your plans when you graduate. What are your intersets? What careers are you considering? What types of employment appeal to you? This information will be used, in part, to assess potential matches for work term positions.
- An up-to-date resume.
Part of what we consider is how well the application is written, since employers seek students with excellent communication skills. Students should also keep in mind the kinds of employment opportunities available to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year psychology majors.
Your application should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 PM on December 15.